Our 4-Layer Yemeni Khimar is a traditional khimar style that is simply gorgeous and provides great coverage. The khimar is made with four layers of soft, high quality chiffon that flows and falls beautifully. The bottom two layers are approximately knee length in the back (depending on your height), while the top two layers are shorter. The front of the khimar falls just past the hips in the front to provide great coverage.
Our 4-Layer Yemeni Khimar features ties that can be tied at the back of the head to hold it in place. It also has a front zipper making it easy to wear and convenient for nursing mothers. Since the edges of the khimar have a simple finish it can easily be paired with any abaya and niqab.
The beauty of the design of the 4-Layer Yemeni Khimar is that the shorter two top layers can be flipped forward to cover the face. This allows the khimar to be worn in a number of ways:
- All four layers back, leaving the face exposed.
- The top layer brought forward over the face. This will put one layer of fabric over the face leaving the face slightly visible through the fabric.
- The top two layers brought forward over the face. This puts two layers of fabric over the face to completely cover the face while still allowing you to see out (similar to wearing a niqab).
- The neck opening of this model is designed quite large, as Yemeni khimars traditionally are. We recommend that this style be worn with a Complete Underscarf or niqab if you do not plan to wear both layers over your face.
- The zipper pull may differ slightly from pictured.